Monday, April 19, 2010

Multiple Set Selection

You can now define multiple sets on a single mesh and connect the FigureNode parameters to each set and distort each set. I have yet to focus on soft selection, though.


So far, I've been defining the sets by name manually. I plan to write a small GUI tonight which allows the user to load in an OBJ model and define the sets. I need to do this so that the set naming convention I've been using remains constant (or else the plug-in won't work, since Maya does selection by name). I hope to add a load/save aspect to the GUI as well, which lets you load an .ma file if you've already defined the sets. (Sets can also be defined through Maya's existing interface).

Problems I forsee in the future are - if a loaded mesh is edited in such a way to add vertices, the sets would have to re-defined to include these new vertices.

No comments:

Post a Comment